Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hmmm does this count for 2009 or 2008?

So, last year around Thanksgiving time I met a man off of a popular dating site. He is into tri's, works out, has a good job. At our first meeting he tells me he is divorced, but for some reason the divorce is not posted on courts online. Hmmm first red flag. We have a good time and end up having a few drinks going and getting dinner and hanging out a little more. Then on Sunday he calls and asks to meet for coffee which we do, hence the beginning of my Saturday night dates for a couple of months. Well in the mean time, my good friend and cycling buddy who happens to be an attorney in town calls me to see how I'm doing, how is cycling going, etc etc. So I ask him a legal question, how long does it take to get a divorce recorded on Iowa courts online. He tells me as soon as the divorce is finalized, it is on the website.

So one weekend I'm dog sitting for this man right now we'll call him Mr. Why, yes I do LOOOOOVE my dogs. He shows dogs and had to go out of town but did not want to take one of them with him. So, of course I kind of snoop around his house a little, still pictures of his ex all over the place and him of course. Wow, that's weird. I start wondering if the divorce really was final. And start remembering that every time I have asked him how long his divorce has been final his answer is "awhile". Red flag number 2. So....I snoop a little more. I know I shouldn't but c'mon who isn't a little curious. And I find some divorce papers.........he left them on the counter. And it appears he has only filed for divorce about 3 months prior. Hmmm and he says it is final.

So in the mean time my lawyer friend asks me if I want him to check in on this for me. Apparently he was ad litem for a custody battle for this man's supposed ex-wife. So I tell him, no but thank you very much. Then he tells me I should probably be asking more questions. I decide to wait for the holidays to pass. But very soon after start asking him questions. Come to find out that no, his divorce is not final. And he did not tell me because he knew I would never go out with him. DUH!!!!!

To say the least it did not last much longer and he could not figure out why I was so angry. Ummmm DUH AGAIN!!!

So he will forever be named "Mr. Oh by the way I'm not quite so divorced" Or "dog lover".

Side note: one time he accused me of not being a dog person and the only reason he could come up with is because he is a dog person and he knows these things.........HUH?? Just because he had show dogs and I did not lavish attention on them all the time did not mean I was not a dog lover just a little afraid of messing up their fur ;o).

No comments:

Post a Comment