Monday, December 21, 2009

Slight diversion from top 5 dating stories of 2009....maybe

So maybe this will become a story for 2009, not sure yet. Definitely ranks up there with awkward dating conversations. Have been out on approximately 5-6 dates with this guy who decideds it is time to have the "conversation". So I patiently let him tell me that I'm top on his list BUT there are still two ladies he is interested in meeting. However the main part of what he is saying is I'm probably the one he will pick to date. Okay so I'm making it sound worse than it is and he really seemed genuine and that he felt bad for his hesitation. I figure that maybe he could have refrained from the conversation for a couple of weeks and just done what he needed to do, but perhaps just maybe there are other reasons. So this is at least one of the top most awkward dating conversations of 2009. Then on Saturday he calls me to tell me that his best friend's wife thinks he's a complete idiot and that I should be mad at him. Honestly, I'm trying not to dwell on it too much. There really isn't anything I can do about it. I do have an opportunity to meet someone else myself, his name is Dave he is a bicyclist (mostly mountain biking) and an engineer in town. He is divorced with a son and in the national guard. Lots of reasons why I'm hesitant to meet him, but I do like talking to him and HECK, you just never know.

I'm terrible at daing more than one person especially when I like someone else, but perhaps this is the time to expand my horizons and play the same game that's being played on me. And since basically the message of Friday night was we are not exclusively dating so.......what's the harm and maybe I'll get a new story out of it.

I will say though that stuff like this makes me appreciate my support systems. Thank God for my group of ladies that I can go to and they can tell me how dumb all guys are at some point and about something. Makes me feel better. I do hope eventually though I get to be on the side of things where I get to say "oh no, let me tell you the time my bf/husband/etc did such and such". Until then I will keep logging my stories. I'm thinking right now it is a numbers game.........meet more then the one will show up. But maybe it is take a break and it will just happen.........who the heck knows. For now I will just try to have fun and be thankful for the experiences and the neat people I do get to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment